A WORD FROM THE GENERAL DIRECTOR
Created by decree n° 2012-20 of 18 January 2012, the African Higher School of Information and Communication Technologies, abbreviated as AHSICT, is a public higher education institution that trains executives in the ICT sector. AHSICT is also engaged in research and development.
The creation of AHSICT responds to the vision of the President of the Republic to make the ICT sector one of the main levers of economic and social development in our country. In view of the still low ICT penetration rate in our country and particularly in our administrations and services, the opening of AHSICT will promote the popularization of ICT. Through productive partnerships, AHSICT will work to bring to the market dynamic and operational executives.
Cooperation with the operators in the sector and regulators will favour a continuous upgrading of educational pathways. By fully involving the private sector in this mission, AHSICT's research will be strengthened and researchers will offer services that perfectly meet customer expectations.
In the long term, the number of students enrolled in bachelor's and master's degrees will be 600. In the near future, AHSICT will develop the research component and set up a doctoral school in the ICT sector. Access will be by competition. With the support of everyone, I remain convinced that AHSICT will very soon become the African ICT Hub.
- 1967-1992 : Creation of the National Higher School of Posts and Telecommunications (NHSPT) to provide advanced training in the postal and telecommunications sectors.
- 1992-1998 : Creation of the African Higher Institute of Posts and Telecommunications (AHIPT) to take over from NHSPT by providing training in Telecommunications and ICT.
- 1998-2007 : Disruption of AHIPT activities
- Janvier 2012 : In order to provide Côte d'Ivoire with a training structure that meets the major challenges of the ICT sector, the State created on the ashes of AHIPT, the African Higher School of Information and Communication Technologies (AHSICT) by Decree No. 2012-20 of 18 January 2012.
- Mai 2012 : Appointment of the General Director. Since then, he has been in charge of the activities to take over the teachings.
- 11 octobre 2012 : Academic Back to School
- 15 octobre 2012 : Start of courses
Conformément au Décret 2012-20 du 18 janvier 2012,
L’ESATIC est chargée d’assurer les missions d’intérêt général de formation initiale, continue et de recherche dans les métiers des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication (TIC).
L’école a pour missions de :
- Former des cadres spécialisés dans les Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication notamment dans les domaines de réseaux et services de télécommunications /TIC, de la régulation et de la Cybersécurité ;
- Mener toute recherche dans le secteur des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication ;
- Mettre en place un cadre de coopération nationale et internationale dans le domaine de la formation en matière de télécommunications/TIC ;